Calling all 3D Producers
Application to the 3d Producer's Lab is now open
What is it?
The ‘3D Producers Lab’ will be delivered as part of the 3D Creative Summit in London on 13th March 2014 from 10am-5pm.
The Lab will provide producers with a unique opportunity to hear and learn from leading UK and international experts on 3D films and TV programmes.
The day will equip producers with the knowledge and skills to produce content in 3D. Working with the experts, this Lab will support producers to develop their understanding of delivering 3D projects through several key workshops, including:
Developing a 3D film / Pitching a 3D project / Financing a 3D film / Distribution of 3D films / Other 3D platforms
Contributors to the seminars will include:
• Catherine Owens - acclaimed producer for the U2 3D and creative advisor for 3doo, the world’s first open 3D platform
• Steve Schklair - CEO, 3ality and talking about Stalingrad, The Hobbit and Spiderman
• Tony Maher - Senior Producer, experienced in providing both 3D and 2D post production solutions for major companies, such as Atlantic Productions, Sky and BBC, at ONSIGHT - a leading facilities company, renowned for groundbreaking stereoscopic 3D in cameras and post. New 3D projects include David Attenborough’s Natural History Museum Alive, Enchanted Kingdom and Hidden Kingdoms.
Why is it needed?
Ravensbourne and the International 3D Society believe these skills are essential if the UK is to build on its current success and make it renowned across the globe for its 3D creativity, business acumen and overall expertise.
This knowledge is crucial for the sustainability of the UK film industry and for the UK to remain at the forefront of the creative and technical explorations in 3D.
Criteria for Application
Applicants must meet the following criteria in order to apply for the Lab:
- produced 3 short films / TV programmes
- feature film in development
- 3D project in development
This year we are proud to be running the lab in conjunction with Production Guild